CarbonX™ CF PEKK-A [Aerospace] Printing Filament
CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber PEKK-A (PolyEtherKetoneKetone) aerospace-grade performance is made possible using PEKK (60/40 copolymer) and Toray T-800 aerospace-grade chopped carbon fiber. This combination makes for one of the highest-performance polymer compounds in world. A leading material in the PAEK family, PEKK has exceptionally good mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance properties. It is also not only substantially easier to print than PEEK.
The premium Toray® Aerospace-Grade carbon fiber reinforcement makes this a compound purpose built for extreme applications which require extreme thermal, mechanical, and chemical resistance properties. CarbonX™ PEKK products have a lower melt temperature as well as lower rate and degree of crystallinity than PEEK, which aids in the remarkable ease of printing.
Benefits of CF PEKK-A [Aerospace] Includes:
- Substantially easier to 3D print than PEEK
- Wide processing window from 345-375°C
- Tg of 160°C, HDT of 150°C, and a Tm of 305°C
- Inherently flame resistant (UL94 V-0)
- Low smoke generation
- Outstanding mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistances
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 360-390°C
- Bed Temp: 120-140°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a Harden steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm
- Other: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with carbon fiber reinforced filaments
- Bed Prep: Nano Polymer Adhesive or 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, up to 140°C if at all possible.
- Supports: ThermaX™ HTS High-Temp Support is designed to work with complex, high-temp materials like this
- Drying Instructions: 120°C for 4 hours